Friday, May 25, 2007

Contacts Increase's Awareness

I have been watching and remembering my addictive behavior. Why have I eaten
12 donuts over a course of a day. Why was having intimate relations difficult?
How are these two primary drives connected? No one has modeled healthy intimacy. Communication must be person to person which families have limited knowledge. When the culture is survival oriented then there is little time to intimately relax. Unconscious panic drives addiction and those donuts are safe and quickly available. A  release from stagnating.

On the bigger scale 1 billion bottles
of coke are consumed every day, and in the U.S.A. 300 million cups of coffee are consumed every day, and I recognize my problems are shared. Every time I fill my car and review the quick junk food that is continually placed in front of me, I am tempted to get a quick fix. Human beings survive under many difficult situations: Everyday life
can co-exist with less dangerous addictions and surely coffee and coke pose no immediate threat to survival.

Denial is an invisible symptom and goes hand and hand with the famous caveat of I have no problem: smoking once was considered safe. Having an addiction can cause you to feel shame and secretive: keeping the lid on secrets can make your addiction hidden to yourself. Addictions to any of the following can be harmful: Coffee, work, liquor, legal and illegal drugs, sex, TV, and eating. My overeating is a substitute for not being able to satisfy my primary need of intimate sexual contact. Shallow breathing tightens the pressure cooker of emotions

Depression often is an underlying factor that leads to addictive behavior: the easy road
to quick release from depression is losing control which radically opens emotions; it's why addictive behavior is so prevalent. Depression blocks you from the expression of your core. Self perception needed to be hidden, to be covered by armor to protect self realization: depression became your  character and addiction your safety valve.

Music can help friends connect. Relieving depression by sharing is my goal. Music and friensd ship two important avenues that should not be forgotten.

Ain't No Cure For Love by Leonard Cohen.





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPdUkWCDmGM







No comments: