Friday, August 21, 2009

Armor

Armor is a term I throw around allot. Dr Reich used it to describe
The hardened musculature. The problem I had with understanding
how armor affected me was that armor for most of us begins
when your a baby. Armor happens instinctively. Simply one tightens one's
muscles to protect oneself. Armor gives a form of protection. Not acted on becomes forgotten and
the armor becomes unconscious, and when I am unconscious
I just don't believe armor ever happened. I didn't want to let go of the
constricted muscles because first off it was a habit, and secondly it allowed me to disappear.
Slow down the movement of energy in the body and not only are you out
of touch but also have too much energy centered in the mind. Dr.Reich
spent much of his life helping patients reestablish their energetic flow through the body.



Armor

I sit sweating in the humidity.
Now alone I read the coming attractions.
Playgrounds need sand, swings and screaming children.
When I left the nest there was panic, and work and
Sometimes love, sometimes fulfillment.


The theater is empty, the chairs are stacked and
Heavy, the exit sign is burning.
The buzz is getting louder.
I am looking for the way out, the silent
Scream that stitches me closed.
The lion that lies within.


No comments: